R A V I N G N E O N

Neon clothing has been a fashion trend that I've been quietly raving over and waiting to appear on the fashion scene and as the new year commences, the big fashion brands are starting their new year with a bang, and I'm definitely excited about it!

I have always been a fan of neon but haven't had the confidence to go there with my style, until recently. Having taken inspiration from fashion influencers like Olivia Grace Herring and her best friend, Lovevie (pictures shown below) I very quickly became in love with their ability to embrace wearing such bright and bold colour schemes during the winter season - one where trends usually tell us to keep it completely neutral. The 90s being massively impactful in my style, I started to pair neon jumpers and tops (because we don't want to catch colds) with black flared jeans or mom jeans and leopard or snake prints, to make more of a statement. Now if you jumped on this bandwagon a while back like me, you would have known the struggle of looking for neon clothing online when it has become so highly demanded. It was almost stressful. Now, popular online brands such as PrettyLittleThing and Boohoo have released a huge stock of neon clothing, including bodysuits, heels, jackets and my personal favourite, jumpers and turtlenecks!

Despite all the above being said, fuelling this addiction (send help) has proved difficult as I have been trying to preserve our environmental resources and especially with fast-fashion showing particularly damaging effects to our environment, I've definitely turned my nose away from buying online or in stores. However, this is difficult when you have unhealthy habits of using any excuse to spend your money, especially when it comes to clothing. Depop (@arosamarie) has been my go-to regarding buying new clothes and I have been able to grab some really good buys and at a reasonable price and shop-worthy condition. The only problem is the smart (maybe slightly devious) sellers on the online marketplace are very aware of when something is soon going to become trendy and therefore more sought after, hence the ridiculous prices when I did find something neon or just the complete and utter scarcity annoyingly. PrettyLittleThing does appear to be giving me greater options and quickly, it's just the ethical issues surrounding the way their products are made that makes me have second thoughts.

If neon is one of the up-and-coming trends for 2019, I am very, VERY excited for what the rest of the year has to hold for fashion.

That's all from me for this post, see you next week with a new one!

- Aswan <3

Comments

Popular Posts